Friday, October 1, 2010

"C" Litter 6 Weeks Old

The little monkeys are coming along nicely. They are doing all the messy and mischievous things they should be doing at their age. With every litter, I am always thankful we have the kitten room with hardwood floors because these guys traipse everything around with them. :) They are all using the litter, but still playing in it too. They don't quite have the art of keeping the loose bits in the boxes and somehow carry it on their feet all around the room. Sweeping is a daily activity for me. lol It will get better though. They are all loving the wet food and think every time I come in the door, I'm bringing food. lol I get a scramble of little kittens running up to my feet as I enter. They also like to get after my lighting cords, for the different lights I try to use when taking pics. Note to self, unplug after every use. lol

Some of the kittens are starting to show their individual personalities. Clary for one is an outgoing girl. She seems to be brave and doesn't mind little kisses. She really wants to climb the little kitten tree, but just isn't as strong as her brothers yet to pull herself all the way up. Caster is a playful thing. He does like to climb whatever he can and I love how his classic, swirl pattern is turning out. Cassian seems to be more reserved and doesn't really instigate, but will play when jumped on. Castile is a playful one too. He and Clary like to wrestle each other. Cove seems to do his own things and doesn't need the other kittens to get himself in a mess. lol Crescent is similar to Cassian right now, he isn't overly "out there", but does explore quite a bit. Granted, as they get older, things could change, but this is what I've observed thus far.

I am really pleased with how well all the kittens are developing. I think this has been our best litter to date that fits the Siberian standard the best. We are still observing two of the kittens for potential breeding, so we aren't allocating the kittens out just yet. Plus, I want their characters to be more developed to help match the right kitten with the family.

Here is the link to the videos. I went with videos this week, since they are so active and taking pics has been near impossible with them constantly moving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment